problems with segmentize

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

problems with segmentize

Stefan Mayr


hello!

i`m stefan and i`m working on a path algorithmus. but in prior i have to fix my
graph. i have special routes and i want to split them at a specific max length.
is the edit tool Segmentize already in postGIS 0.9 and how does it work?

regards, Stefan
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems with segmentize

strk
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:08:42AM +0200, Stefan Mayr wrote:

> is the edit tool Segmentize already in postGIS 0.9 and how does it work?

Yes, it was in 0.9.
It returns the a geometry being topologically equivalent to
the input but adding vertexes if necessary to keep
every segment below the specified max length.

--strk;
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems with segmentize

Stefan Mayr

> It returns the a geometry being topologically equivalent to
> the input but adding vertexes if necessary to keep
> every segment below the specified max length.

Thanx a lot, but can i segmentize a whole table or is it just for selected rows.
if i want to segmentize the whole LINESTRING colomn of a table, an error
occours. what can be the mistake?

stefan
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems with segmentize

strk
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 11:32:31AM +0200, Stefan Mayr wrote:
>
> > It returns the a geometry being topologically equivalent to
> > the input but adding vertexes if necessary to keep
> > every segment below the specified max length.
>
> Thanx a lot, but can i segmentize a whole table or is it just for selected rows.
> if i want to segmentize the whole LINESTRING colomn of a table, an error
> occours. what can be the mistake?

What does the error message say ?
--strk;
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems with segmentize

Stefan Mayr
the error says :syntax error near or at "segmentize". in my database i have just
one table with geometry. i want to segmentize it with the statement:
segmentize(LINESTRING, value).
whats the statement?
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: problems with segmentize

strk
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 01:18:33PM +0200, Stefan Mayr wrote:
> the error says :syntax error near or at "segmentize". in my database i have just
> one table with geometry. i want to segmentize it with the statement:
> segmentize(LINESTRING, value).
> whats the statement?

SELECT segmentize(<geometry_column>, <float>)
... if this tells you anything new you should really
read an SQL manual, you can find one on postgresql
website.

--strk;
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users