postgresql sources dependency relief

alex bodnaru

hi markus,

a few days ago you have manifested interest in the patches i have submitted
to postgis-cvs, to relief the build dependency on postgresql sources.

since i got no response from your side, i would ask you for your opinion on
the patches.

posting your opinion on the list might enlarge the testers circle before the
decision to apply the patches.

best regards,

alex

Re: postgresql sources dependency relief

Markus Schaber-7
Hi, Alex,

[hidden email] wrote:

> a few days ago you have manifested interest in the patches i have submitted
> to postgis-cvs, to relief the build dependency on postgresql sources.
>
> since i got no response from your side, i would ask you for your opinion on
> the patches.
>
> posting your opinion on the list might enlarge the testers circle before the
> decision to apply the patches.

I  alreadyposted my comments at Tue, 31 May 2005 14:44:10 +0200, but
here it is again:

> Hi, Alex,
>
> alex bodnaru wrote:
>

>>> here is a diff you could use for jdbc2/Makefile, instead of the
>>> previous.
>>>
>>> i have tested it and works ok (i am using the Makefile.config
>>> functionality).
>>>
>>> i would be grateful if you could test with it for the special cases you
>>> know about.
>

> In my tests, it built the jar files and ran the tests without having a
> ../Makefile.config.
>
> Great work.
>
> As this patch seems to depend on those for the non-jdbc Makefiles, I
> will not commit it now, but I think it should be committed with the others.
>

>>> p.s. the moment we merge those changes, i can already send a new and
>>> slim debian package for postgis-1.1.
>>>
>>> current packages are at http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/postgis.html.
>

> Great!
>
> Markus

HTH,
Markus

Re: postgresql sources dependency relief

alex bodnaru
hi all,

to eliminate unclarities, i am posting the jdbc2 diff separated from the
overall postgis diff.

please enjoy.

any input would be most welcome.

best regards,

alex

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:32 +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:

> Hi, Alex,
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > a few days ago you have manifested interest in the patches i have submitted
> > to postgis-cvs, to relief the build dependency on postgresql sources.
> >
> > since i got no response from your side, i would ask you for your opinion on
> > the patches.
> >
> > posting your opinion on the list might enlarge the testers circle before the
> > decision to apply the patches.
>
> I  alreadyposted my comments at Tue, 31 May 2005 14:44:10 +0200, but
> here it is again:
>
> > Hi, Alex,

> > In my tests, it built the jar files and ran the tests without having a
> > ../Makefile.config.
> >
> > Great work.
> >
> > As this patch seems to depend on those for the non-jdbc Makefiles, I
> > will not commit it now, but I think it should be committed with the others.

> > Great!
> >
> > Markus
>
> HTH,
> Markus

jdbc2.diff (2K) Download Attachment
postgis-cvs.diff (33K) Download Attachment