postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Image
Hello,

I would like load postgis raster data with qgis 2.0. But i can't find the usefull extension. Before with qgis 1.8 there was an extension called gdal postgis raster loader.

Could you throw light for me.

Regards.

Laurent Celati.

Re: postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Mathieu Basille
Indeed, the PostGIS Raster loader is not compatible any more with QGIS 2.0.
An interesting alternative is actually the DB Manager. You can try:
Database > DB Manager > DB Manager. From there, navigate to the raster you
want to load, and then either drag and drop it to the list of layers, or
left-click and 'Add to canvas'.

Two additional notes:

* For me, it used to work perfectly until a couple of days ago, but that
might be completely system specific (or a recent update broke a few things).

* I'm not sure how complex raster tables (such one with several tiles at
the same position, e.g. a raster time series) are handled, my guess is that
all tiles are loaded on top of each other.

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.

Le 09/18/2013 08:41 AM, laurent a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I would like load postgis raster data with qgis 2.0. But i can't find the
> usefull extension. Before with qgis 1.8 there was an extension called gdal
> postgis raster loader.
>
> Could you throw light for me.
>
> Regards.
>
> Laurent Celati.

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, PhD

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard

Re: postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Paolo Cavallini
On 2013-09-18 16:23, Mathieu Basille wrote:

> * For me, it used to work perfectly until a couple of days ago, but
> that might be completely system specific (or a recent update broke a
> few things).

please check and open a ticket about this

> * I'm not sure how complex raster tables (such one with several tiles
> at the same position, e.g. a raster time series) are handled, my
> guess
> is that all tiles are loaded on top of each other.

this shouldn't be.

We would love to improve DB Manager, in this and other respects; if you
are interested please let us knoe.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Image
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

For your information, the "add to canvas" seems to work fine. But no the drag and drop to the list of layers...

IMAGE.

Le 09/18/2013 10:28 AM, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> On 2013-09-18 16:23, Mathieu Basille wrote:
>
>> * For me, it used to work perfectly until a couple of days ago, but
>> that might be completely system specific (or a recent update broke a
>> few things).
>
> please check and open a ticket about this

Check done, and the problem is still there (using the QGIS nightly version
for Debian). What is a good place for a ticket about this? QGIS bug
tracking system? http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues

(I just want to make sure since DB Manager is a plugin)

>> * I'm not sure how complex raster tables (such one with several tiles
>> at the same position, e.g. a raster time series) are handled, my guess
>> is that all tiles are loaded on top of each other.
>
> this shouldn't be.
>
> We would love to improve DB Manager, in this and other respects; if you are
> interested please let us knoe.

I will, as soon as I can have DB Manager working properly!

Sincerely,
Mathieu.

On 2013-09-18 17:44, [hidden email] wrote:

> Check done, and the problem is still there (using the QGIS nightly
> version for Debian). What is a good place for a ticket about this?
> QGIS bug tracking system?
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues
>
> (I just want to make sure since DB Manager is a plugin)

yes, right - DB Manager is now  default component of QGIS.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

Re: postgis raster : viewer with qgis 2.0?

Mathieu Basille
Bug #8628 [1] is now filled. I don't feel like I provided that many
details, since there's not much to describe. Please let me know if I can do
more.

Mathieu.

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8628