postgis_full_version error

Ben Madin-2
G'day all,

I'm not sure if this is a postgis or an ubuntu issue, but having just installed postgis on to ubuntu 14.04 from the pgdg repository, I am getting this error :

  # select postgis_full_version();
  ERROR:  function postgis_jts_version() does not exist
  LINE 1: SELECT postgis_jts_version()
                 ^
  HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
  QUERY:  SELECT postgis_jts_version()
  CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function postgis_full_version() line 15 at SQL statement

I have previously installed onto many Ubuntu 12.04 without this problem. I guess there are two parts:

1. do I have / need jts (it is showing geos 3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921) ?

2. if I don't have it, should it fail completely, or just return NULL ?

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin

Re: postgis_full_version error

Paragon Corporation-2
Ben,

That function hasn't existed for a while in PostGIS.  I would say circa 1.3.
I think it was a time when we were experimenting with using Java and JTS
natively in PostGIS.

I suspect you have a mix of PostGIS installs.  Did you install a backup from
somewhere?

If so, you might be able to fix the issue by

Running postgis upgrade scripts.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us
http://postgis.net

--------------------------
[...]

G'day Regina,

You have nailed it, it was a database from an old (postgis 1.5) system - so I actually expected to have many more errors. Luckily it was so old that I had installed postgis into its own schema, so a simple DROP SCHEMA gis CASCADE; has solved this problem.

I have 'noticed' this since upgrading a number of systems :

>  NOTICE:  Function postgis_topology_scripts_installed() not found. Is topology support enabled and topology.sql installed?

We don't always need / use topology, so don't install it... is this notice appearing a new behaviour, or have I messed up something else?

Thanks again,

cheers

Ben

On 10 October 2014 05:31, Paragon Corporation <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I used to see that error a while ago, but don't see it in newer installs
even if I don't have topology installed.

What does your

Select postgis_full_version();

Return now?

Thanks,