polyhedral surface import from common 3D formats

polyhedral surface import from common 3D formats

G. Allegri
I'm looking for a tool to translate some common formats (OBJ, PLY, STL, etc) to a WKB/WKT representation of polyhedral surfaces.
I haven't found anything. Is anybody aware of something similar?

Re: polyhedral surface import from common 3D formats

j.rolland
Hi Giovani,
You give an idea for a translation tool, i begin a development in C# for Wiindows, i am going to implement STL, PLY and OBJ format to WKT POLYHEDRALSURFACE Geometry for a PostGIS Database.
Do you have some samples files for these formats?

I have a blog too, you can have a look here :
http://ageoguy.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Jérôme

Re: polyhedral surface import from common 3D formats

Rémi Cura
Hey,
I don't want to look selfish or what,
but could you please consider doing so using another language,
like Python or Java?

Python would be a really good choice because so much GIS tools use it,
and it can be used on any OS.

Cheers,
Rémi-C