Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.1 now available

Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.1 now available

Mark Cave-Ayland
Hi everyone,

I've just updated the Win32 installer to PostGIS 1.0.1, complete with GEOS
2.1.1 and PROJ 4.4.9. Apologies for the slight delay in producing the
installer which was caused by a crashed hard disk :( - the latest version
can be found at http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre
Tamar Science Park
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023
W: http://www.webbased.co.uk

Re: Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.1 now available

xanadont
If we installed PostGIS via the PostgreSQL 8.0 installer, what are the
steps necessary to up grade?  Can we just run this installer w/o
regard to the older install?

Thanks.
-Abe

On 5/27/05, Mark Cave-Ayland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just updated the Win32 installer to PostGIS 1.0.1, complete with GEOS
> 2.1.1 and PROJ 4.4.9. Apologies for the slight delay in producing the
> installer which was caused by a crashed hard disk :( - the latest version
> can be found at http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> ------------------------
> WebBased Ltd
> South West Technology Centre
> Tamar Science Park
> Plymouth
> PL6 8BT
>
> T: +44 (0)1752 797131
> F: +44 (0)1752 791023
> W: http://www.webbased.co.uk

RE: Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.1 now available

Mark Cave-Ayland
Hi Abe,

The easiest way would be to follow the instructions in the PostGIS
documentation (see http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html#upgrading
for more information) which although more suited to a Unix box, should also
work under Win32. I don't think many people have tried this, so I would
recommend taking a backup of your PostgreSQL data directory before starting
and post back to the list if you have any problems.

Note that in order to run the commands listed you will need to install
versions of Perl (http://www.activestate.com/Perl.plex?hdr=1) and grep
(http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/) for Win32.

Good luck!

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
South West Technology Centre
Tamar Science Park
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023
W: http://www.webbased.co.uk

Paul Ramsey
Minor versions of PostGIS and PostgreSQL should not have any
dump/restore requirement for software upgrades. That said, I don't know
what a new install of PgSQL on Windows does to the data area... whether
it uses the existing area or overwrites it with a fresh clean one.