Spatial statistics on LineString Z

cwright
Hi,
I’ve loaded a shapefile containing height information into PostGIS using OGR2OGR.  The shapefile has loaded OK and the geometry all seems to be fine in PostGIS, showing as a LineStringZ geometry.  When I run st_estimated_extent on the table it fails with the error message ‘ERROR: stats for “testlayer.shape” do not exist.
When I run an analyze on the table it says "NOTICE: no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics"

Running st_isvalidreason(shape) on the table says that all the geometry is valid.

Is this a known bug/limitation with postgis?

We are running on:
PostGIS 2.1.5  64 bit
Postgres 9.3.5 64 bit
Windows 2012

Thanks

Colin Wright
Principal Developer
thinkWhere Ltd

Re: Spatial statistics on LineString Z

Paul Ramsey-3
Stick that puppy in a trac ticket, I'll have a look.

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:25 AM, cwright <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I’ve loaded a shapefile containing height information into PostGIS using
> OGR2OGR.  The shapefile has loaded OK and the geometry all seems to be fine
> in PostGIS, showing as a LineStringZ geometry.  When I run
> st_estimated_extent on the table it fails with the error message ‘ERROR:
> stats for “testlayer.shape” do not exist.
> When I run an analyze on the table it says "NOTICE: no non-null/empty
> features, unable to compute statistics"
>
> Running st_isvalidreason(shape) on the table says that all the geometry is
> valid.
>
> Is this a known bug/limitation with postgis?
>
> We are running on:
> PostGIS 2.1.5  64 bit
> Postgres 9.3.5 64 bit
> Windows 2012
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin Wright
> Principal Developer
> thinkWhere Ltd

Re: Spatial statistics on LineString Z

cwright
Thanks, I've opened a new ticket for this item #3025
Colin