[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week 1 Report - Implement pre-sorting methods before GiST index building

[SoC] GSoC 2021 - Week 1 Report - Implement pre-sorting methods before GiST index building

Han Wang
Hi all,

I am here to share with you my Week1 report. You can also find it at [1]

What I've done this week:
  • Create sort support function bindings for `geometry` data type
  •  Implement a `abbrev_convert` with the current Hilbert hash function
  •  Test random point data set with sort support function
  •  Communicate with mentors and the Postgres/PostGIS community for more information and help
Plans for next week:
  • Push current version of codes to my branch
  • Prepare more complex test data
  • Implement a Z-order hash function and do some test
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Han