Re: PostGIS ST_CreateOverview Function For Non-Public Schema

Re: PostGIS ST_CreateOverview Function For Non-Public Schema

Regina Obe-2

Osahon,

Use:   SELECT ST_CreateOverview('some_schema.some_table'::regclass, 'rast', 2);

I'll update the docs in a bit with examples.

And for future postings:

1)      Do not post requests for help about using PostGIS functions to PostGIS Development list.  That is for new feature discussion, general changes in code, and general PostGIS project management discussions

2)      Do not put URGENT in the subject of your emails.

a.       Doing so assumes your questions are more urgent than others, which has the effect of annoying a lot of people and making them not interested in helping you

b.      URGENT also appears in a lot of Spam emails, so people might have those set to just go to their junk mail.

Thanks,

Regina

From: Osahon Oduware [mailto:[hidden email]]

Hi All,

I am trying to utilize the ST_CreateOverview function  as described in the

following link:

https://postgis.net/docs/RT_CreateOverview.html

I need to know how to include the schema name for the raster table in the

function. It appears the default is the public schema.

Please, I need help on this.

Re: PostGIS ST_CreateOverview Function For Non-Public Schema

Osahon Oduware
Hi Regina,

Thanks a lot for your response. Before seeking help, I earlier tried prefixing the raster table with the schema name as you suggested, but it returned with an error stating that no relations was found.

I would try it again as I am not sure if there was a typo in the schema name I provided.

Also, I have noted the other things you highlighted and I would make amends. Thanks.

On Jun 2, 2017 20:56, "Regina Obe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I discovered there was a typo in the schema name I provided. Thanks for your response and help.