Re: Cost weighted distance raster

Spencer Gardner-2
Just to follow up:

I was able to execute the CREATE FUNCTION scripts with some minor tweaking. When I run ST_CostDistance it chokes on making a call to ST_World2RasterCoordx. That's as far as I've gotten. I'll have to turn my attention to another solution for now.

It's a shame--having a good cost and raster routing library would be very nice to have.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Spencer Gardner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah thanks. Didn't see the code page. I'll let you know whether these work as is or if they need tweaking.

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Pierre Racine <[hidden email]> wrote:

In the code page :

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGIS_Raster_SoC_Idea_2012/Distance_Analysis_Tools/code

There is a ST_CostDistance() function.

Pierre

Re: Cost weighted distance raster

Michael Treglia
Thanks for following-up on this, Spencer - good to hear, as this would
be of interest to me as well, from an ecological perspective. I'll
note, depending on what you're doing, might be worth looking into a
recently-developed tool called gflow (see paper here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/2041-210X.12689/abstract) -
I believe it is based on the same principles as Circuitscape, but is
much faster and memory-efficient.

Do you mind sharing what tool you have focused on for now?

Best,
Mike

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Spencer Gardner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to follow up:
>
> I was able to execute the CREATE FUNCTION scripts with some minor tweaking.
> When I run ST_CostDistance it chokes on making a call to
> ST_World2RasterCoordx. That's as far as I've gotten. I'll have to turn my
> attention to another solution for now.
>
> It's a shame--having a good cost and raster routing library would be very
> nice to have.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Spencer Gardner <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ah thanks. Didn't see the code page. I'll let you know whether these work
>> as is or if they need tweaking.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Pierre Racine
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the code page :
>>>

>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGIS_Raster_SoC_Idea_2012/Distance_Analysis_Tools/code
>>>

>>> There is a ST_CostDistance() function.
>>>

>>> Pierre

Re: Cost weighted distance raster

Pierre Racine-2

ST_Raster2WorldCoordX and ST_Raster2WorldCoordY were replaced with ST_RasterToWorldCoordX and RasterToWorldCoordY in newer version of PostGIS.

Just replace those names in the function and reexecute the CREATE FUNCTION…

Pierre