PostGIS Raster - Loading MrSID format

Osahon Oduware
Hi All,

I am trying to use the raster2pgsql tool to import raster images in MrSID format to PostGIS database on a Windows system. However, I get an error indicating that the format is not supported which I could confirm by running:
raster2pgsql -G

Please, could someone help with the basic steps to follow to load raster data in MrSID format using the raster2pgsql tool.

Re: PostGIS Raster - Loading MrSID format

James Keener
I wrote something on this a while ago. Hope it helps!

http://jimkeener.com/posts/orthoimagery

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Osahon Oduware <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use the raster2pgsql tool to import raster images in MrSID
> format to PostGIS database on a Windows system. However, I get an error
> indicating that the format is not supported which I could confirm by
> running:
> raster2pgsql -G
>
> Please, could someone help with the basic steps to follow to load raster
> data in MrSID format using the raster2pgsql tool.

Re: PostGIS Raster - Loading MrSID format

Osahon Oduware
Hi James,

Thanks for your help. I have previously been able to convert the files from MrSID format to other formats using GDAL, but my boss doesn't want to consume extra storage space on the filesystem for another file format as the initial data is stored as MrSID format and used by other GIS applications.

I want to know if there is a way to load raster data in MrSID format using the raster2pgsql tool.