PostGIS 2.3.3 released

Regina Obe-2
The PostGIS development team is pleased to announce the release of PostGIS
2.3.3.
As befits a patch release, the focus is on bugs and breakages. Best served
with PostgreSQL 9.6.3+ and pgRouting 2.4.1.

    Source: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-2.3.3.tar.gz

    html doc: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/doc-html-2.3.3.tar.gz
    pdf doc:  http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.3.3.pdf
    epub doc: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.3.3.epub

    ChangeLog:
https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/postgis/postgis/raw/2.3.3/ChangeLog

Please report bugs that you find in this release:
http://postgis.net/support/

Bug Fixes

    3777, GROUP BY anomaly with empty geometries
    3711, Azimuth error upon adding 2.5D edges to topology
    3726, PDF manual from dblatex renders fancy quotes for programlisting
(Mike Toews)
    3738, raster: Using -s without -Y in raster2pgsql transforms raster data
instead of setting srid
    3744, ST_Subdivide loses subparts of inverted geometries (Darafei
Praliaskouski Komzpa)
    3750, @ and ~ operator not always schema qualified in geometry and
raster functions. Causes restore issues. (Shane StClair of Axiom Data
Science)
    3682, Strange fieldlength for boolean in result of pgsql2shp
    3701, Escape double quotes issue in pgsql2shp
    3704, ST_AsX3D crashes on empty geometry
    3730, Change ST_Clip from Error to Notice when ST_Clip can't compute a
band

See the full list of changes in the news file and please report bugs that
you find in the release. Binary packages will appear in repositories over
the coming weeks as packagers roll out builds.

View all closed tickets for 2.3.3:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/query?status=closed&groupdesc=1&group=priority
&milestone=PostGIS+2.3.3&order=priority

Warm Regards,
PostGIS Development Team

Re: PostGIS 2.3.3 released

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Sat, 2017-07-01 at 14:04 -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> The PostGIS development team is pleased to announce the release of PostGIS
> 2.3.3.

This fails to build on RHEL 6 - i386 :

https://www.gunduz.org/temp/postgis233-rhel6-i386.txt

2.3.2 used to build fine. FWIW, RHEL 6 - x86_64 builds fine.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: PostGIS 2.3.3 released

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi,

On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 15:39 +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> This fails to build on RHEL 6 - i386 :
>
> https://www.gunduz.org/temp/postgis233-rhel6-i386.txt

Sorry, this fails only against PostgreSQL 9.6.3 on RHEL 6 - i386. It builds
fine against 9.5.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: PostGIS 2.3.3 released

Regina Obe-2

> Hi,

> On Sun, 2017-07-02 at 15:39 +0100, Devrim G nd z wrote:
>> This fails to build on RHEL 6 - i386 :
>>
>> https://www.gunduz.org/temp/postgis233-rhel6-i386.txt

> Sorry, this fails only against PostgreSQL 9.6.3 on RHEL 6 - i386. It builds fine against 9.5.

> Regards,
> --
> Devrim G nd z
> EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com PostgreSQL Danismani/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

Devrim,

Thanks, for reporting.  I tested against a 9.6 but I think it was like 9.6.1 32-bit (mingw64).  Though our debian build bot tests against 9.6 nightly branch.

I have to recheck.

I assume from last email you tried 2.3.2 and that worked?
I wasn't clear from your first if you tried that already.

If others can try too that would be great.

Thanks,
Regina

Re: PostGIS 2.3.3 released

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Hi Regina,

On Mon, 2017-07-03 at 09:29 -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> I assume from last email you tried 2.3.2 and that worked?

Arrgh, wait, this looks like a PostgreSQL RPM packaging issue :/ Sorry for the
noise, I need to go back to RPMs to fix this :/ I think it is about the latest
refactoring in the spec file :/