PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.4.0 Alpha release next week

PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.4.0 Alpha release next week

Regina Obe-2
I'd like to do a PostGIS 2.4.0 alpha release soon say in next week or so, so package maintainers have an official tag to release to go along with PostgreSQL 10 / 9.6 /9.5

+1

Let me know if anyone has issues with that.   I know we've still got a couple of pending changes, so not quite ready for a beta.
I figure we'll be ready for beta shortly after FOSS4G 2017 Boston is over.

Comments from Non-PSC folks, especially package maintainers, are welcome too.

Thanks,
Regina

Re: PSC Vote: PostGIS 2.4.0 Alpha release next week

Sandro Santilli-3
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 08:32:12PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> I'd like to do a PostGIS 2.4.0 alpha release soon say in next week or so, so package maintainers have an official tag to release to go along with PostgreSQL 10 / 9.6 /9.5
>
> +1

No blockers from me.
BTW, I noticed this in the NEWS file:

 * Bug Fixes *
  - #3682, Boolean (FTLogical) should be 1 byte not 2 bytes

Shouldn't bugfixes only go to release branches instead ?
There's no such entry in the NEWS file in 2.3 branch

--strk;

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:01:35AM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 08:32:12PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
> > I'd like to do a PostGIS 2.4.0 alpha release soon say in next week or so, so package maintainers have an official tag to release to go along with PostgreSQL 10 / 9.6 /9.5
> >
> > +1
>
> No blockers from me.
> BTW, I noticed this in the NEWS file:
>
>  * Bug Fixes *
>   - #3682, Boolean (FTLogical) should be 1 byte not 2 bytes
>
> Shouldn't bugfixes only go to release branches instead ?
> There's no such entry in the NEWS file in 2.3 branch

I found it, it's in the 2.3.3 section, just using different texting:

  - #3682, Strange fieldlength for boolean in result of pgsql2shp

So I removed it from the 2.4.0 section with r15507

--strk;