PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Regina Obe-2
I'd like to propose that we give Bjorn Harrtell PostGIS committer rights.
I would like input from others (not just PSC) if they have issue with this.

For those who don't know him, Björn is the creator of ST_AsMVT function
Mapbox Vector Tiles, which will be a new feature in PostGIS 2.4

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsMVT.html

And from ticket reports and also postgis-users, people have already started
using it, so I suspect it will have a fair amount of traction in PostGIS
2.4.

 Björn has also been helping Sandro (aka strk) with testing out Gogs and has
been quick to respond to user feedback. This signals to me he'll he has more
interest than his little corner of the pie and also will also take
responsibility for his corner.

That said, he has a couple more features he'd like to put in to MVT and also
cleanup of some of logic to fit the spec, as noted here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3712

I think things will work much more smoothly if we let him manage his work,
without having us to approve git pulls.
From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
much trouble.

To start off +1 from me.

Thanks,
Regina
PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Nicklas Avén
+1

Björn, we can start a club, swedish PostGIS comitters working abroad :-).

For those who don't know, Björn is also the man behind jsts, the jts javascript port.

/Nicklas

---- Regina Obe skrev ----

[...]

From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
much trouble.

To start off +1 from me.

Thanks,
Regina
PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Sandro Santilli-3
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 07:16:16PM +0100, Nicklas Avén wrote:
>  +1
>
> Björn, we can start a club, swedish PostGIS comitters working abroad :-).
>
> For those who don't know, Björn is also the man behind jsts, the jts javascript port.

+1 here, and wow, didn't know about jsts, welcome !

--strk;

> ---- Regina Obe skrev ----
>
> >I'd like to propose that we give Bjorn Harrtell PostGIS committer rights.
> >I would like input from others (not just PSC) if they have issue with this.
> >
> >For those who don't know him, Björn is the creator of ST_AsMVT function
> >Mapbox Vector Tiles, which will be a new feature in PostGIS 2.4
> >
> >http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsMVT.html
> >
> >And from ticket reports and also postgis-users, people have already started
> >using it, so I suspect it will have a fair amount of traction in PostGIS
> >2.4.
> >
> > Björn has also been helping Sandro (aka strk) with testing out Gogs and has
> >been quick to respond to user feedback. This signals to me he'll he has more
> >interest than his little corner of the pie and also will also take
> >responsibility for his corner.
> >
> >That said, he has a couple more features he'd like to put in to MVT and also
> >cleanup of some of logic to fit the spec, as noted here:
> >
> >https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3712
> >

> >I think things will work much more smoothly if we let him manage his work,
> >without having us to approve git pulls.
> >From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
> >and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
> >much trouble.
> >
> >To start off +1 from me.
> >

> >Thanks,
> >Regina
> >PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Paul Ramsey-3
+1

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 2:46 AM, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 07:16:16PM +0100, Nicklas Avén wrote:
>  +1
>
> Björn, we can start a club, swedish PostGIS comitters working abroad :-).
>
> For those who don't know, Björn is also the man behind jsts, the jts javascript port.

+1 here, and wow, didn't know about jsts, welcome !

--strk;

> ---- Regina Obe skrev ----
>
> >I'd like to propose that we give Bjorn Harrtell PostGIS committer rights.
> >I would like input from others (not just PSC) if they have issue with this.
> >
> >For those who don't know him, Björn is the creator of ST_AsMVT function
> >Mapbox Vector Tiles, which will be a new feature in PostGIS 2.4
> >
> >http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsMVT.html
> >
> >And from ticket reports and also postgis-users, people have already started
> >using it, so I suspect it will have a fair amount of traction in PostGIS
> >2.4.
> >
> > Björn has also been helping Sandro (aka strk) with testing out Gogs and has
> >been quick to respond to user feedback. This signals to me he'll he has more
> >interest than his little corner of the pie and also will also take
> >responsibility for his corner.
> >
> >That said, he has a couple more features he'd like to put in to MVT and also
> >cleanup of some of logic to fit the spec, as noted here:
> >
> >https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3712
> >

> >I think things will work much more smoothly if we let him manage his work,
> >without having us to approve git pulls.
> >From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
> >and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
> >much trouble.
> >
> >To start off +1 from me.
> >

> >Thanks,
> >Regina
> >PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Daniel Baston
+1

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Paul Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 2:46 AM, Sandro Santilli <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 07:16:16PM +0100, Nicklas Avén wrote:
>  +1
>
> Björn, we can start a club, swedish PostGIS comitters working abroad :-).
>
> For those who don't know, Björn is also the man behind jsts, the jts javascript port.

+1 here, and wow, didn't know about jsts, welcome !

--strk;

> ---- Regina Obe skrev ----
>
> >I'd like to propose that we give Bjorn Harrtell PostGIS committer rights.
> >I would like input from others (not just PSC) if they have issue with this.
> >
> >For those who don't know him, Björn is the creator of ST_AsMVT function
> >Mapbox Vector Tiles, which will be a new feature in PostGIS 2.4
> >
> >http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsMVT.html
> >
> >And from ticket reports and also postgis-users, people have already started
> >using it, so I suspect it will have a fair amount of traction in PostGIS
> >2.4.
> >
> > Björn has also been helping Sandro (aka strk) with testing out Gogs and has
> >been quick to respond to user feedback. This signals to me he'll he has more
> >interest than his little corner of the pie and also will also take
> >responsibility for his corner.
> >
> >That said, he has a couple more features he'd like to put in to MVT and also
> >cleanup of some of logic to fit the spec, as noted here:
> >
> >https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3712
> >

> >I think things will work much more smoothly if we let him manage his work,
> >without having us to approve git pulls.
> >From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
> >and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
> >much trouble.
> >
> >To start off +1 from me.
> >

> >Thanks,
> >Regina
> >PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Björn Harrtell
Thank you for the kind words Regina and thanks all for the positive votes.

As a long time PostGIS aficionado it is an absolute honor to get the chance to join the ranks.

Regards,
Björn

[...]

From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
much trouble.

To start off +1 from me.

Thanks,
Regina
PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Björn Harrtell
Lets do that Nicklas! As we know from recent "news" Sweden is the closest to hell on earth we can get, so we can't be blamed for working abroad.

PS. But I must say your "dialect" is suspiciously Norwegian...

/Björn

[...]

From what I have seen of his work so far,  he's very careful, responsible
and concerned about making sure things work on all platforms without too
much trouble.

To start off +1 from me.

Thanks,
Regina
PostGIS PSC Member

Re: PSC Vote: Björn Harrtell committer rights

Nicklas Avén
> Lets do that Nicklas! As we know from recent "news" Sweden is the
> closest to hell on earth we can get, so we can't be blamed for
> working abroad.

Be careful Björn, you never know who believes in those things.
I suggest we arrange the 2018 code sprint in Sweden to adjust the
picture :-)

> PS. But I must say your "dialect" is suspiciously Norwegian...

Well, yes, you are right, I have lived here far to long.

/Nicklas