IFC to PostGIS

Frans Knibbe-2
Hi,

I am looking for ways to import Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data to PostGIS. FME can do it, but I wonder if there are free/open source alternatives.

A search through the archives of this list led me to IFC2PG, which is described here (in French). The page contains a link to the IFC2PG software, but unfortunately it crashes when I try to start it.

Does anyone know of a way to get IFC2PG to work? Or of another way to load IFC into PostGIS?

Thanks,
Frans

Re: IFC to PostGIS

James Keener
How does it crash, and is there source available for it?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Frans Knibbe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ways to import Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data to
> PostGIS. FME can do it, but I wonder if there are free/open source
> alternatives.
>
> A search through the archives of this list led me to IFC2PG, which is
> described here (in French). The page contains a link to the IFC2PG software,
> but unfortunately it crashes when I try to start it.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get IFC2PG to work? Or of another way to load
> IFC into PostGIS?
>
> Thanks,
> Frans

Re: IFC to PostGIS

Frans Knibbe-2
Hi James,

I am on Windows 7. Upon clicking on the executable (ifc2Pg.exe), I see a splash screen and soon after the message "Ifc2Pg has stopped working". No further information is presented. The Windows event viewer tells me "The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.". The RAR file that I downloaded does not seem to contain source code, nor can I find source code online.

Regards,
Frans

On 21 February 2017 at 15:12, James Keener <[hidden email]> wrote:
How does it crash, and is there source available for it?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Frans Knibbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ways to import Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) data to
> PostGIS. FME can do it, but I wonder if there are free/open source
> alternatives.
>
> A search through the archives of this list led me to IFC2PG, which is
> described here (in French). The page contains a link to the IFC2PG software,
> but unfortunately it crashes when I try to start it.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to get IFC2PG to work? Or of another way to load
> IFC into PostGIS?
>
> Thanks,
> Frans

Re: IFC to PostGIS

James Keener
Sorry, I don't have a windows box or dev tools. Hopefully someone else
can track down the issue for you.

Best of luck,
Jim