Address for a given lat/Lon

suraj birla-2
Hi ,
I've a requirement to get the address ( country, state/provinces, postal code) for a given lat/lon. I need to this for 100 million+ records.

I'm planning to do this in 3 phases
First find the country using world polygon
Second find the state/provinces for the identified country
Postal code ???

Question.
1.Whether my approach is correct?
2. Where can I find the polygon for the world map by country.
3. How I can find postal code ?

Thanks
Suraj

Re: Address for a given lat/Lon

Luiz Andrade
I would suggest use OSM’s Nominatim geocoding service…

Regards,
Luiz Claudio

Em 2 de abr de 2017, à(s) 19:16, suraj birla <[hidden email]> escreveu:

Hi ,
I've a requirement to get the address ( country, state/provinces, postal code) for a given lat/lon. I need to this for 100 million+ records.

I'm planning to do this in 3 phases
First find the country using world polygon
Second find the state/provinces for the identified country
Postal code ???

Question.
1.Whether my approach is correct?
2. Where can I find the polygon for the world map by country.
3. How I can find postal code ?

Thanks
Suraj

Re: Address for a given lat/Lon

Stefan Keller-4
> I would suggest use OSM’s Nominatim geocoding service…

Right but given 100 million+ records this free service is surely
overloaded. So I strongly recommend to install Nominatim locally (e.g.
docker).

Assuming your records are covering many countries and you don't want
to pay for an API (G*, Bing, Mapbox, OpenGeoCage), I can also propose
our OSMNames.org project (I'm one of the initiators, pull requests are
welcome). This free dataset requires an own geocoder SW, like Sphinx -
or even PostGIS. But it's only down to street name level. You have to
wait until 3Q for building address level.

:Stefan