Acessing M-Part of objects

Walter Nordmann
Hi,

just playing around with ST_EffectiveArea

how can i access the M-Part of an object other than Point? ST_M is only
for points but i'm working with linestrings and polygons.

Regards
walter

Re: Acessing M-Part of objects

Nicklas Avén
Hello Walter

If you just want do examine the m-values you can dump the points with
st_dumppoints and use st_m on the result.

If you want to filter rendering based on effective area you have to do
that client side. I have thought about a function doing such filtering
in PostGIS, but haven't done it, and I don't think any other function
can do that.

regards

Nicklas Avén

> how can i access the M-Part of an object other than Point? ST_M is
> only
> for points but i'm working with linestrings and polygons.eRegards
>
> walter

Re: Acessing M-Part of objects

Walter Nordmann

Thank's Nicolas