A PostGIS 3D Viewer

j.rolland
Hello PostGIS Community,

Have a look to my blog at the following address  http://ageoguy.blogspot.fr/2014/07/postgis-3d-viewer.html
This tutotrial which present a tool to view 3D geometries from a PostgreSQL/PostGIS database.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Re: A PostGIS 3D Viewer

Vincent Picavet-3
Hi Jerôme,

Thanks for this development effort.
Is the source code available somewhere (Github?), I cannot find it on your
website ?

As already commented on your blog, it would be great to try to mutualize
efforts regarding tools around PostGIS 3D.
We already developped Horao [1], which is an OpenGL based viewer, with a QGIS
plugin to control it. It is available on GitHub.
Vizitown is also a POC for PostGIS 3D/QGIS/WebGL visualization. Also on
Github.[2]

We are currently working on 3D data streaming (with TinyOWS as a base),
texture integration, and a 3D web client based on WebGL. It is still very
early work, but if anyone is interested to join forces, please get in touch.
More to come before the end of the year.

Vincent

[1] http://oslandia.github.io/horao
[2] https://github.com/Oslandia/vizitown_plugin