2.0 Install on Windows

JamesH
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the 2.0.0 on Windows,
Normally I copy the binary structures into the PostgreSQL\9.1 files (i.e. contrib --> contrib), and run CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
but with these new binaries, there are almost no similar files to copy from to.

Can anyone advise on how to copy these binaries in and run the installation?

Much appreciated,

James
GIS Undergraduate

Re: 2.0 Install on Windows

Regina Obe-2
It should be all in share folder.  Note extensions is not in contrib its in
root of share so in the zip you should see a share that has

share/
  contrib
  extension

I think the older zip may have had it not in share, which was incorrect.

The batch script provided should copy the relevant files.  are you using the
batch script?

There is one issue with the batch script which we will fix in the next
rerelease.

It's not copying over the proj folder in contrib/postgis-2.0

aside from that should copy over everything you need.

Hope that helps,
Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us

Re: 2.0 Install on Windows

JamesH
"are you using the batch script?"
I haven't with previous PostGIS versions no, I've preferred copying the file structures manually to make sure.

Tried it this time however, edited the batchfile variables with my password and port number etc. and then ran as Administrator.

Returned that some files hadn't copied (included in image). Did I need to alter the variables marked in the batch file as 'xcopy'?

Queried the created example_postgis20 database.
SELECT postgis_full_version returned:
"POSTGIS="2.0.0rc2 r9589" GEOS="3.3.3-CAPI-1.7.4" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012" GDAL="GDAL 1.9.0,
released 2011/12/29" LIBXML="2.7.8" LIBJSON="UNKNOWN" TOPOLOGY RASTER"
This seems to me that my postgis version is wrong? That I still have Beta4 installed?

Looked to copy the binary structures manually as have done before but I keep finding that the files in the 2.0.0
 binaries are older than the ones in the PostgreSQL folders from previous installations.

e.g. postgis-2.0.dll in 2.0.0 binaries: Created 27th Jan 2012, Modified 04th April 2012.
postgis-2.0.dll already in PostgreSQL\9.1\lib: Created 3rd April 2012, Modified 3rd April 2012.
Is this an issue, should I copy the older ones from the downloaded binaries or leave the existing ones?

Much appreciated,
James
GIS Undergraduate

Re: 2.0 Install on Windows

Regina Obe-2
If your postgis is in use, you might need to restart your postgresql server
before you can install, since if the postgis-2.0.dll is in use, you won't be
able to overwrite it.

Haven't had issues testing botht he pg91x32 and pg91x64.

Note you still need to run the alter extension on your db to upgarde to
2.0.0 or use pgadmin extension system.

http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4751762/cmderror2.jpg

[...]

Ok thanks, I've copied the file structures over so happy with that.

SELECT postgis_full_version now returns: "POSTGIS="2.0.0 r9605" GEOS="3.3.3-CAPI-1.7.4" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012" GDAL="GDAL 1.9.0, released 2011/12/29" LIBXML="2.7.8" LIBJSON="UNKNOWN" (core procs from "2.0.0rc2 r9589" need upgrade) TOPOLOGY (topology procs from "2.0.0rc2 r9589" need upgrade) RASTER (raster procs from "2.0.0rc2 r9589" need upgrade)"

The postgis version is now correct. As for those that need upgrading, could you direct me to which sql files these are?

Kind Regards,
James
GIS Undergraduate